Precaution Before Mango Plantation, While Planting And After Planting
- Design and Layout of mango plantation of our mango orchard is to be done after planning the Mango plantation. For example 3×3 m spacing or 4×2 m spacing or 4×3 m spacing are our design patterns.
- Then pit digging or trenching is to be done as per design plan.
- Solarization of pits or trench for a month is required to destroy harmful organisms in soil.
- Pit refilling with waste organic matter, compost and soil. Top soil is fertile and hence it should be mixed in top portion of pit to maintain the fertility.
- Bed preparation along the row is to be done to keep the root zone area at field capacity.
- Drip irrigation lateral laying is to be done along the row to irrigate the plants.
- Plastic sheet Mulching laying is to be done to retain the bed weed free during rainy season.
- Mango grafts should be planted as soon as the monsoon starts; This is because the soil conditions and climatic conditions are favorable to the growth of newly planted mango plants, and plants adopt the situations quickly.
- Before planting mango plants, apply per plant neem powder 1 kg, single super phosphate 0.5 kg, Trichoderma 50 gm in the topsoil of planting location.
- Before planting the mango seedlings, make a bag-shaped hole in the center of the filled pit, deep the plant in fungicide solution, remove the seedlings from the bag and plant the seedling. Make sure that the soil is well pressed around the plant. Make sure that the joints of the grafts remain on the surface of the ground.
- Apply light water immediately after planting and also drenching of humic acid. Make arrangements for daily irrigation and irrigate the field as and when required as per the forecast. Don’t allow irrigation water or rainwater to stagnate near the root zone.
- Support mango plants with stick/bamboo. Without support, the seedlings are constantly blown away by the wind, damaging the branches and breaking the plants.
- Live fencing and wire fencing should be used to protect the plant from stray animals and other animals. The seedlings should be covered with dried grass or mulch.
- To protect the seedlings from fungal diseases and sun, Apply Bordeaux paste (1:1:10) in the field after planting.
- Also, in the first year, sun hemp should be sown in the south and west direction to protect them from intense sunlight or shade if possible.
- In the first two to three years, intercrop can be sown in the rainy and winter—Soya bean, green gram, Black gram, onion, gram, groundnut, etc. The intercrop should be shorter in height than the main crop.
Intercropping is a bonus, and crops for intercropping should be selected, improving the health of the soil without expecting intercrop yield. If we take intercrop that requires high capital, more attention is given towards intercrop, and main crop mango activities may suffer. Scheduled activities of mango should be done in time to achieve good growth and timely production of mango.
For any consultancy and help, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org (Mention Your Contact No.)
You Can Check our Another Service, technofriend.in. Which Gives Information About Latest Tech News.
You Might Also Like To Read